Terms & Conditions
Availability, Booking & Deposit
- We are UK-based and because of the nature of aerial filming shoots we endeavour to be flexible when it comes to working with our clients. Projects can be booked quite at the last minute – which is fine. We still require enough time to complete our pre-flight safety checks which ensures that we can undertake the project in a safe manner, in accordance with the rules & regulations stipulated to all CAA licensed UAV operators. We’re happy to pencil in jobs for clients, however, confirmed bookings will always take priory. Being flexible means that if a client has a date pencilled in, we’ll always offer them first refusal on their proposed date. Due to the industry we operate in we require that 50% of the total project fee is paid in advance of the shoot.
- Projects outside of a 50 mile radius of Ilkley, West Yorkshire will be billed at 45p per mile. If any accommodation is required, this cost will be agreed prior and paid for by the client.
- Payment should be made within 14 days from the receipt of our invoice (unless made by prior agreement). We’re happy to discuss anything in more detail and believe you’ll find us reasonable, fair and transparent. We’re happy to provide you a quote in writing, only once we have spoken with you to determine your requirements and have received a full brief outlining your expectations of the job.
Weather, Postponements and Cancellations.
- Aerial filming is affected by the flying conditions, and the weather is a known business risk in the UK, we are as flexible as possible to ensure that bookings are rescheduled. If we are not able to shoot due to bad weather (i.e rain, strong winds etc) we shall not charge the client if we can make alternative arrangements for the shoot to happen at another time. The 50% booking fee is simply transferred to the rescheduled date. If the shoot cannot be re-scheduled, we will discuss cancellation policy and potential fees with the client and come to a fair and reasonable compromise. If a job is cancelled due to other issues and simply not re-scheduled due to the client no longer requiring our services the 50% deposit will not be refunded unless by a pre-agreement. If we have incurred costs these will have to be paid by the client.
Copyright & Use of Material
- Drone Earth actively promotes our services, however we will never publish any material we shoot until it has been officially released to the Client. However, we do reserve the right to use ANY of our footage for internal promotion, whether this be inclusion on our website, showreel, social media, or for any other PR purposes. If for any reason this is a problem, please speak to us in advance of commencement of filming. Thank you.